🧐 WHAT ARE Y-STRAINERS?
Y-strainers are mechanical devices used to collect and retain debris flowing through oil, gas, water, steam pipelines (protecting equipment like valves, steam traps, regulating/control valves, pumps). Y-strainers prevent equipment damages, efficiency losses, and undue increases in production costs.
ANSI wye-strainers are designed according to the API600/API6D specification; face to face according to ASME B16.10; pressure/temperature rating ASME B16.34
✌️ STOCK PROGRAM
We keep on stock a standardized range of cast and forged y-strainers to cover most of the use-cases in the oil&gas and chemical industries:
- Size range: ⅜ to 12 inches
- Pressure ratings: 150#, 300#, 600# (cast), and 800# (forged)
- End connections: flanged RF (ANSI B16.5), buttweld (ANSI B16.25), threaded NPT (ANSI B1.20.1), socket weld (ANSI B16.11)
- Material grades: high and low-temperature carbon steel (ASTM A216 WCB/A352 LCB cast steel, ASTM A105/A351 LF3 forged steel) and stainless steel 304/316 (ASTM A351 CF8/CF8M cast steel, ASTM A182 F304/F316 forged steel)
- Mesh: Mesh 40 (0.4 mm) for cast steel strainers, Mesh 20 (0.8 mm) for forged steel bodies
All our wye-strainers are easy to dismantle, and clean, due to their removable drain plug, replaceable screen, and bolted bonnet (cast steel strainers).
- Easy cleaning or replacing the filtering element (screen)
- Compact size and lightweight construction
- Low-pressure drop across the filter
- Low installation and maintenance requirements
- Drain plug on cast strainers, dismantlable bonnet on forged strainers
- Adequate strength of element and housing
- Interchangeability with new ASME B16.10 strainer
- Design & testing according to ANSI/ASME standards
Our Y-strainers are manufactured in Europe and are delivered with an EN 10204 3.1 mill test certificate (MTC) and CE marking
The manual of installation is not provided. Wye strainers shall always be installed following the flow and the indication marked on the product.